Quality of information of business practices

Introduce self or just say what led you to this forum.
Moodcreate666

Quality of information of business practices

Post by Moodcreate666 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:03 am

Most writers have moderate-to-severe mental problems. I am, obviously, no psychologist, but the attempt to unnecessarily project one’s “intelligence” through the use of big words — when plain words can do the job — seems to be clear evidence of this. What it reveals Besides the obvious fact that Robert wins a lifetime “get off my lawn” achievement award, I think this shows how passionate we are about Quality., quality of writing. Loryn Thompson’s peeve You’ve only seen Loryn on the blog once (so far), but she’s crucial to our editorial success.

She’s the data analyst who looks at the numbers behind philippines photo editor what we’re writing, and helps us to get our message out more effectively. Here’s Loryn’s peeve: Using “over” with numbers (instead of “more than”) : As Rainmaker Digital’s data analyst, this one comes up for me a lot. Every time I catch myself writing “over 5%…” in a report, I go back and change it to “more than.” Now, the Associated Press said in 2014 that both “over” and “more than” are acceptable to use with numeric comparisons — as in, “There were over two hundred people at the event.

But you know what? It still bugs the crap out of me. In my mind, “over” mixes the abstract world with the physical realm. For example, if you were to say, “We flew over 6,000 miles …” you could be saying that you flew more than 6,000 miles. Or, you might mean that you were literally above the earth for 6,000 miles. What it reveals I picked this one precisely because the team doesn’t agree on it. Some of us are “more than” folks (me, Loryn) and some aren’t. Stefanie tries to remain agnostic. While it can be fun to give in to that eye twitch when someone makes a style choice we don’t like, I think it’s smart to keep some perspective. There are usually good arguments to be made for different usage choices, so I’ll go with Diversity as a value for this one.