West Ham and Zola need to get tough

ymakerpi8d

West Ham and Zola need to get tough

Post by ymakerpi8d » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:28 am

Yes, Im back! However, it is unfortunate that my team seem to have moved backwards in the world of football. Gaining7 points and sitting in 19th position so far is not the best position. Thank God that I have been stuck at school and only been able to go to one match so far. Luckily for me, I saw the Arsenal game. I need only to refer to it as the Arsenal game because it was a thrilling encounter that needs no introduction, I am sure you all caught the highlights on MOTD and you will agree. However, 2-2 against 10 man Sunderland! How can that be a decent result? Unfortunately we are in the relegation zone and nothing can change that but to get out, we need wins, lots of wins!So far this season, the team have played great football but our defence has fallen apart. Lucas Neill leaving was James Johnson Jersey not ahuge problem to begin with but Zola decided not to buy a quality right back. Instead, he bought Diamanti. Did we need Diamanti? No, because we have Jack Collison, Junior Steve Nash Jersey Stanislas, Kieron Dyer, Valon Behrami, Luis Jiminez, Mark Noble, Radoslav Kovac, Julien Faubert and Luis Boa Morte in the midfield and he sold Savio. I completely disagree with signing Diamanti instead of a quality defender because now we are paying the price. Even if you consider Diamanti to be a striker we have Zavon Hines, Carlton Cole, Luis Jiminez, Dean Ashton, Guillermo Franco and Frank Nouble. Instead, Zola signed Manuel Da Costa, when we could have signed someone much better whilst keeping a quality youngster in Savio. He could have re-signed Anton Ferdinand, kept James Collins, admittedly it seemed that the board intervened with the sale of Collins but even so Zola needed to get a quality defender. Having James Tomkins playing week in week out in the best league in the world is tough on the youngster, especially when he has Jonathon Spector outside him to provide even more defensive mistakes. After saying that, Diamanti has actually been sensational so I will admit that I was wrong to think that when Zola signed him it was a Kristaps Porzingis Jersey mistake but Guillermo Franco, I am not wrong about. He is usele s! He should not start! Thats final! His running off the ball was terrible against Arsenal, in fact he may as well have not been on the pitch if you ask me. When we have someone like Zavon Hines who has been inspirational everytime he plays, just look at the mayhem he caused against Liverpool, I agree that he should not start every match as he is only young but his performances have merited that he should start yet Zola wont start him.Here is the team that I would put out to start on Wednesday night at home to Aston Villa: Robert GreenValon Behrami Jonathon Spector Matthew UpsonHerita IlungaJack Collison Allesandro DiamantiMark NobleJunior Stanislas Carlton Cole Zavon HinesThis team may have its defensive frailties but the attacking intent will get the crowd going, as I do not work with the team closely I am not sure if Jack Collison and Junior Stanislas would be better if the swapped wings but that is an easy change to be made. Valon Behrami is an excellent player and he doesnt stop running around, he will rush the attacking players and cause all sorts of problems and that is exactly what our defence has been lacking, a bit of bite! Junior Stanislas is a great player, young and with flair so under the lights at Upton Park he should provide some great supporting runs for the strikers Tyler Bey Jersey whilst his ability to cut in and score from the edge of the box is incredible and on the other side Jack Collisons vision will provide Carlton Cole and the speedy Hines with some good opportunities. Mark Jason Kidd Jersey Noble is now a distinguished midfield player and Diamanti came on against Arsenal to be that mi sing link and he is a machine in defence as well as not being frightened to have a shot from long range. His free kick taking abilities are also very important in a game against a team that we will need to take all our chances. Zavon Hines up front makes separate runs to Carlton Cole unlike Franco who just mills about the place, he makes gaps in the defence for through balls or even a midfielder to make a run, his partnership with Cole will continue to grow as they suit each other very well. We need to win on Wednesday because if we dont our position in the table will look worse and worse as the weeks wind on, whilst confidence is still high, they need to grab a result against a good side! Click here Click here Click here